Friday, September 17, 2010

My Get Home Bag Contents

Howdy everyone, I did a short video yesterday about what is in my GHB. I work in the field just about everyday so if there is ever an emergency where need to get home and I have to hoof it there this is the items I have chosen that will hopefully help. I planned everything out to cover a 24 hour period so this is not my Bug Out Bag which is set up for prolonged emergency, this is just what I think I might need to make it through a long hike home.

I planned the bag to cover the five basic needs of: shelter, food, water, fire and security. I also planned this with the idea of supplementing my EDC which I will cover in another article.

So basic list:
Shelter- 1 military poncho, 1 military pup-tent shelter half (minus the stakes and poles)
Food- 1 bag o' bagle bites, 1 bag o' jerky, 1 can o' diced peaches (I'm still working on what to carry food wise)
Water- 1 military canteen and cup, 1 camelback 1 liter bottle (I have a water bladder but I find it uncomfortable in my bag)
Fire- 1 Bic lighter, 1 firesteel (I am not going to rub to sticks together)
Security- I tried to keep everything OD green to as to be able to hide out if I have to, I also carry a .45 but I figure the best way to stay out of trouble is to stay away from trouble.
Misc. Items- chapstick, bug spray, sunblock, gloves, first aid kit, garbage bag, ziplock bags, batteries, monocular, pocket knife, radio, GPS and a boonie hat.

Let me know what you guys think.

No comments:

Post a Comment